About Me

My photo
Rialto, Ca, United States

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Bows, Bags, Burpies, Blankies




I can't believe I am actually taking on such a scary task. I went shopping yesterday at these boutiques and the ladies absolutely loved how Trystan was dressed. One of them asked where I got her beautiful bow. I said I made it. (Little did these ladies know that I bought the velvet band and sewed on a velvet flower...not hard at all) They kept going on and on about how much they loved it..and then they saw the burp rag that my sister in law, Stephanie, made for Trystan. After a little bit I had phone numbers, names and a spot promised for anything I wanted to make. SO, ALL day today I have sat at my table and burnt my finger with the hot glue gun, stuck my lip with a needle (PLEASE DONT ASK LOL), cut a fingernail off with a pair of scissors..and various other things..while trying to accomplish making hair bows. I actually haven't gotten TOO frustrated YET! I can't wait to get started on the burp rags.

If ANYONE has any easy way to make bows PLEASE PLEASE tell me...SHARON!!!!!! =)
Hopefully, if all goes well I will also be getting my mother in law some sells with the diaper bags she is making. She made me one that is ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!! And it comes with a matching blanket!

If this all goes as good as I hope I will have a website up shortly for people to look at the stuff I've made.

Also, if you have any other good ideas to put in a boutique and its easy to make...pass it on =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! Looks good!! UMMMM, but you should be a little more careful with the glue gun and scissors!!! Those fingers of yours are valuable to lil Ms. T and Logan!!!! (and P too, I guess) LOL Anyhow, keep with it and when you get frustrated, call me and we can get a starbucks!!! :)

JLM

Kari Morgan said...

Ooooh little girls are so much fun!!! I got a bowmaker kit of ebay for $20 and it has tons of ideas plus tips and where to buy ribbons for alot less money than JoAnns. My fave is an ebay seller called "Nancy knows fancy bows" and another website called "BellaJoy". I did some diaperbags awhile back too but I got so many orders I couldn't keep up-I made a carseat cover pattern and made those to match the bags!!! It was fun but I'm way too busy now!!! Have fun-enjoy it while you can!!!
Kari