About Me

My photo
Rialto, Ca, United States

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Well overdue post....

It seems like I have really been slacking off lately in the "blogging" world!
I've posted little tidbits here and there but nothing spectacular!

Our lives have become so busy that I hardly find a second to sit down and write.
Right now Trystan is taking a nap, Riley is taking a nap and Logan is at school....
PEACE, Peace, Wonderful Peace....
So why not sit down, and write a little bit! =)

This last weekend turned out to be quite adventurous for us.
On Tuesday, Logan started back to school. Big Second Grader...
He came home Tuesday very tired and with a slight rash under his arms.
I told him it was probably heat rash...seeing it was over 100 degrees that day.
He jumped in a cool shower and then we all headed off to AT&T to buy the new IPhones...which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!! But that's another post for another day!

Tuesday night came and went without much more from Logan about the rash.
Wednesday he got up fine and went to school.
When he got home Wednesday afternoon he was itching all over, but still just the rash under his arms. He now was complaining of a sore throat.
I gave him some tylenol, had him take a cool bath again...and he CRASHED. Phillip stayed home with him from church that night.
Thursday morning Logan woke up saying he felt better. WHEW!!
BUT....when he came home from school Thursday afternoon it was a DIFFERENT story!
He was covered with a rash, had a sore throat and a slight fever.
I started a frantic search on the internet for WHAT ON EARTH this could be.
Things that popped up were:
Heat Rash
Allergic Reaction

I just took it that it was Heat Rash still. Phillip and I dropped the 2 older kids off at Nana's and went out with Pat and Holly for Holly's birthday Thursday night.
When we got back home I even started considering that it could be an allergic reaction to some fabric softener I used at Mom's house the weekend before.
But then Logan REALLY started complaining of a BAD sore throat. I checked him and it was BRIGHT red with bumps!
I sent him to bed and started my frantic internet search again.....and I found it!!!
I took Logan to the doctor IMMEDIATELY on Friday morning and SURE ENOUGH!!!
I didn't think Scarlet Fever was still around...lol!
They gave Logan a BAD BAD AWFULLY painful shot of Penicilin. Poor little guy SCREAMED!!!!
After all of that I had to take him to get some blood work done to see if there was anything else going on in his body. NOT FUN!!
The doctor said we had to keep him away from the other 2 kids so he had to go stay at Papa and Nana's house for a few days. He loved that...getting pampered and all.
Needless to say, he is still on the antibiotics but he is free and clear now! The doctor said he looked great on Monday. THANK YOU JESUS!!!
Now lets pray for 2 more days of no break out on the other 2 kiddos and we will be clear. The doctor says it takes about 7-10 days for it to show up in someone else.
Pray saints Pray!!!

In other news,
Trystan is growing like a weed!! I took her in for a check up recently and she was already 32 lbs. And she isn't even 2 yet!!!
She is a beautiful girl..and she's talking so much its scary!!!

Little Man, Riley, is nearing his 3 month mark. He is getting so big already. I don't want it to go fast seeing this is my last baby!
When I took him in a few weeks ago he was almost 12 lbs...sooo he has probably hit the 14 lb mark by now!
Both Logan and Trystan love him so much!!

Phillip and I are back on Weight Watchers again...so far so good! We started on Monday and it seems to be going pretty well!
It's so much easier to do it when you have a partner willing to help you out!

That's pretty much it for now. Hope I didn't bore you too bad!
I shall return.....


Auntie H said...

I like it! Your new blog is looking beautiful. Thanks for the update - I had NO IDEA what was going on in your life!

SO GLAD everybody is healthy at the moment. Hopefully it will stay this way for a long, long time.

Loooking Goood!! Keep up the good work - you're a GREAT MOM!!!

Love ya,

Jana McVay said...

Logan looked fine tonight at Children Of Praise! Glad he survived the rash, fever, sore throat, BAD penicillin shot, and those awful two days of being pampered at Nana's and Papa's! LOL

So far so good on the other two, huh? I was a little freaked out when Marissa started complaining of a sore throat yesterday but we prayed and she is better today! Thank You Jesus!!!

Thanks for the update and pics of those beautiful kiddos of yours! Can I join you and Phillip on the Weight Watcher's attempt??? I am almost ready to see if I can go the route Christina just went!! It is horrible being this "fluffy"!!!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I love the new look!
I can't imagine having the time to update with any regularity with 3 children in the home! You do a great job.
I heard about Logan last week and thought "Scarlet fever?", like you I didn't know anyone still got that! Glad he's doing better and I pray the other two miss it completely!
Being a two time Weight Watchers loser, I think it's a great program! You both can do it. And trust me, do it before you get any older. My second time around (in my 40s) was much harder! They say you lose 2-3 times as much when you join with someone, so you two will do fabulous.

Misha said...

Awww, so neat that your little one is now three months!! I remember when you were blogging about how you couldn't wait to have him. What a neat sage that was to follow. Any ways, just wanted to say hi and I TOTALLY wish I could have been able to go to PEAK. What a life changing experience...

Vonney said...

Scarlet fever still exists??? Thanks for the update! lol I didn't know either! Hope all is well now with your babies! Sydney is over 32 pounds too, I am sure, but the chunkiness is too cute at this age! (:

Anonymous said...

How are you doing on weight watchers?