About Me

My photo
Rialto, Ca, United States

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cakes

I am currently having a blast making and decorating cakes. I would love for this to become a full time hobby but with 3 wee ones running wild around the house, I'm not quite sure that I will have the quite time, patience or concentration to be able to pull of some of the FABULOUS cakes that I would like to eventually make.

I have made a Princess Cake for Trystans 2nd birthday,

a very simple white cake for Elayna's 1st birthday
and last night I tried my hand for the first time with Fondant.


I had a lot of fun playing with the fondant but it is VERY time consuming!!!
Trystan thought I was playing with her playdough and she wanted to help! It's just like working with playdough!

We shall see where this takes us!!

This weekend I am making 2 cakes for a baby shower. I'm really excited about that.
I will post pictures when I get it done.

4 comments:

The Rowell Bunch said...

I see you have taken up a hobbie as well....I will be ordering Baby Jareds Bday cake soon :)

I am sure we will be seeing you next month right :)

Rachel R said...

I love the green and orange cake. Very cute

Heather said...

I love the green cake it looks so cool. You're doing great with the cake decorating.

Girly Muse said...

so i thought i had you in my google reader and wondered why you were taking so long to write!!! (turns out, i hadn't done it properly, so was so excited to see several new blogs this morning! haha)

LOVE the cakes. you're doing a great job. think it could probably go as far as you want it to!

Lori